After fighting a bit with the code, I got it to compile. The following is a list of the things I did:
- There were a lot of additional files in the src tree. These files are automatically created by Autotools. I removed *.in files, the ltmain.sh file, configure.h.in, aclocal.m4… In general I removed everything that was auto-generated.
- I ran `autoupdate configure.in`
- Modified the configure.in by hand a little. There were some parenthesis that my Fedora 14 did not like.
- The code had some strangeness in the use of strlen, time
- The boost validation_error call changed slightly.
You can see the full list of changes at . You can further access the code from 
- May 17: I changed a bit the repo on github. Now you can find the original code under the master branch. You will find all my changes in the branch called joel: https://github.com/Joelgranados/Learcode/tree/joel
- Jun 10: I updated to fedora 15 and the HOG code broke (no surprise). I blame boost!!!. In any case there is a new version of the code at https://github.com/Joelgranados/Learcode/tree/joel