The marker thingy worked :)

After a week of debugging I got the code to do what I wanted.  I have successfully detected a bit stream in the chessboard marker image.  I had to correct for a small error that I encountered las week that was related to the hard color values that I was using.  I changed the code so that now I am using a dynamic color range.  The range is created with known colors in known positions.  With this range I can adjust to specific image characteristics.

After I killed the last bug in my code I went ahead and took pictures in different lighting setups.  The algorithm correctly detected all the colors in the marker in all the pictures.  I have to further test with outdoors lighting to see if it affects the algorithm at all.  I’ll be doing this in the coming days.

There is still a lot to do to get this to work with our Biologists collaborators:  1. There needs to be a part of the application that creates the chessboard markers;  2. There needs to be a semi-decent GUI to initialize the picture analysis process;  3. The part of the application that takes care of differentiating the images does not exist; 4. We could code stuff in a more efficient way. Though these four things are currently lacking, they are the least of my worries.  The algorithm that detects the marker works; the rest is icing on the cake.

You can get the code here.  I currently do a very crappy job at describing how to use the code.  This will also improve in the coming weeks. :)


About joelgranados

I'm fascinated with how technology and science impact our reality and am drawn to leverage them in order to increase the potential of human activity.
This entry was posted in opencv, PhD. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s